In college classes, one can easily get engulfed with project works and assignments. However, a well-organized timetable or strategy can guide you through your studies and help you concentrate and quickly finish your homework.
Many students have little or almost no time for homework as a result of having full-time jobs and families to meet up with. Below are simple tips to help you manage your time well.
- Have a Clear Plan
Draw for yourself a plan (To-do list)of your study session to follow. Not having a guide to follow when studying can completely distract your mind off it and disorganized you.
- Prioritize Your Homework – If you have assignments with close due dates, large project works, and sometimes you need to complete your daily task too, Below are some tips to complete them according to how pressing they are:
- Separate the easy ones – Compare to the difficult ones which require energy and motivation, you can easily relate to the easy ones and complete them in a short time and efficiently
- Be deadline-conscious – Start with the assignment with closer due dates first, then others can follow subsequently. Be time conscious, so you don’t fail to have submitted assignments.
- Eliminate Distractions
Electronic devices with buzzing notifications, music and videos, games, friends and peer groups, and passersby are major distractions in this case. Learn to look away from them so you can concentrate.
These are common distractions:
- High sounds
- Friends around you
- Untidy room
- Electronic devices
- Extracurricular activities and hobbies
- Outdoor activities
- Family and work responsibilities
Identify the things that distract you and what you do to avoid or move away from them. These solutions might help:
- Study in quiet places such as your bedroom or the library
- Switch off your cell phone
- Off notification on your laptop
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Schedule your study time and stay true to it.
- Avoid Multitasking
Multitasking is a very difficult method to handle homework as it can easily overwork the brain. Complete your assignments one at a time to focus well because this is the only time you can successfully process some information to long-term memory.
Avoid listening to music or any form of audio while studying; do not talk to a friend simultaneously or even take time to reply to messages because it takes up to 20-25minutes to concentrate fully on your assignment again.
- Take a Break
Take time to go on breaks for better concentration. Do not wait until your brain gets fuzzy because then you will lose total concentration. Intervals help to improve your comprehension and help you manage quality time for studying. And when you feel dizzy, do not hesitate to sleep; sleep matters too and helps you rest, wake up sound, and be active enough to complete other homework.
While studying, take at least 10-15minutes break and see if it’s okay with you; if not, Get perfect timing and stick to your time limit. Making the best out of the time you have for your assignment will set a pace of success for you subsequently.